Recognising that there is a need for affordable exhibition space in Edinburgh, we are inviting artists to send in proposals to stage weekend exhibitions at Madelvic House for a £50 fee, plus 10% commission on all work sold.
This follows on from a successful art exhibition held at granton:hub in Summer 2016:
The space offers a great blank canvas for a group of artists or organisations to stage an exhibition. All ideas for how the space could be used are welcome.
Space and access:
- The main room and medium room, indicated in the plan below, are available for weekend exhibitions of individual or group work, Friday evening – Sunday evening.
- The space can be accessed from Thursday morning for the exhibition install, and Monday for exhibition take down – these dates will be included in the booking.
- Exhibitors are responsible for setting up and taking down the exhibition, which includes carrying out their own risk assessment and having their own public liability insurance in place.
- The building can be accessed from 9am-9pm, and a full induction to the building, including emergency procedures will be given.
- There is a kitchen facility available for diy refreshments, which can also be used to support an open event.
- A storing facility is available for artists dropping off their work prior to the weekend, this is included in the fee.
Opening and closing the exhibition:
- As part of the exhibition hire, artists are welcome to put on an opening or closing event in the space – alcohol, food and/or refreshments must be offered for free or ‘by donation’.
- Exhibiting artists will be expected arrange their own invigilators to welcome people to the exhibition and be in the building for the agreed opening times.
- The space must be returned to its original state following the exhibition, which includes removing nails, filling holes, hoovering carpets and painting walls (if necessary).
Cost and commission:
- The cost of holding a weekend exhibition at Madelvic House is £50, with £20 required to secure the booking and the remainder due a week before the event.
- Granton:hub also require 10% commission on all works sold during the exhibition. Exhibitors are responsible for handling all sales but a sales report will be requested at the end of the exhibition outlining the 10% commission payment, which can be paid by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
- We will share details of the exhibition and opening event on the granton@hub website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- A targeted email will be sent to our mailing list with information about the exhibition and opening/closing event.
Evaluation forms will be created and distributed to gather feedback from visitors. This will help identify what the local community would like to see more of as the granton:hub Public Programme develops.
If you are interested in holding an exhibtion at Madelvic House, please fill in the Exhibition Weekend Hire Expression of Interest Form and return to email@example.com
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org