The programme for this event to be held on Saturday 30 January 2016 is now finalised.
All activities run between 2-9pm, with separate activities for the upstairs and downstairs venues. Some timeslots are reserved for young people and have limited spaces.
- 1- UPSTAIRS VENUE: 2pm-3.30pm – Kids Film Activities (aged 5-11 years)
- 2- UPSTAIRS VENUE: 4pm-6.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh: Filmmaking Taster Workshop – 14 participants (aged 12-19)
- 3- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 2pm-3.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh shows Write Shoot Cut, a screening of local filmmaker’s work
- 4- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 4pm-6pm – Take One Action presents Just Eat It: A food waste film
- 5- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 7pm-9pm – local filmmaker short plus ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’ (Director: Wes Anderson) Note: £2 entry (payable at the door) including popcorn and drink
The Embassy Cinema (film:hub 30.01.16)
Project Leader: Wendy Wager
An affectionate homage to the days when Granton had its own picture palace; The Embassy, on Boswall Parkway. The film:hub presented a screening of shorts shot mostly in the Granton area by students from Screen Education Edinburgh who discussed their work in a question and answer session afterwards. The event featured a well-attended and popular workshop teaching young adults the basics of professional video camera operation; and top of the bill – a special screening of Wes Anderson’s ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’.