The programme for this event to be held on Saturday 30 January 2016 is now finalised.
All activities run between 2-9pm, with separate activities for the upstairs and downstairs venues. Some timeslots are reserved for young people and have limited spaces.
The UPSTAIRS and DOWNSTAIRS programmes offer the following 5 options:
- 1- UPSTAIRS VENUE: 2pm-3.30pm – Kids Film Activities (aged 5-11 years)
- 2- UPSTAIRS VENUE: 4pm-6.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh: Filmmaking Taster Workshop – 14 participants (aged 12-19)
- 3- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 2pm-3.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh shows Write Shoot Cut, a screening of local filmmaker’s work
- 4- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 4pm-6pm – Take One Action presents Just Eat It: A food waste film
- 5- DOWNSTAIRS VENUE: 7pm-9pm – local filmmaker short plus ‘Grand Budapest Hotel’ (Director: Wes Anderson) Note: £2 entry (payable at the door) including popcorn and drink
The booking facility is now available click this link to book tickets
Poster by Wendy Wager, member of the steering group
The Embassy Cinema (film:hub 30.01.16)
Project Leader: Wendy Wager
An affectionate homage to the days when Granton had its own picture palace; The Embassy, on Boswall Parkway. The film:hub presented a screening of shorts shot mostly in the Granton area by students from Screen Education Edinburgh who discussed their work in a question and answer session afterwards. The event featured a well-attended and popular workshop teaching young adults the basics of professional video camera operation; and top of the bill – a special screening of Wes Anderson’s ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’.