A heritage walking tour hosted by the University of Edinburgh’s Curious Edinburgh digital app is the inspiration for the exhibition ‘Art in Granton’. More than 60 contributions by 30+ artists and makers celebrates the rich industrial history, the urban vistas, the landscapes, the shoreline and the people living and working in Granton. The variety of artworks on show include figurative and abstract work, photography, ceramics and an audiovisual installation. Viewers are invited to experience the walking tour through these artworks and enjoy and learn about Granton’s heritage. All artworks are for sale. Contributions from the local community and a digital print of a drawing of the demolished ‘Granton Castle’, donated by the National Galleries of Scotland, complete the show.
The exhibition opens on Friday 25 October at 5pm and continues on Saturday (10-6pm) and Sunday (11-5pm). During the weekend the new granton:hub cafe will be open for morning coffee and lunch.
Maia Aitken – Anna Baran – Chris Belous – Amber Brown – Sandra Brown – Megan Chapman – Erin Colquhoun – John Dickson – Gina Fierlafijn Reddie – Cecile Grey – Jenny Haslam – Gareth Hutchison – Colin Lindsay – Harry Mafuji – Inga Mantle – Louise Montgomery – Nick Murray – Victor Nobis – Stuart W Ogilvie – Stephen Paterson – Catriona Patience – Anna V Phillips – Sheena Phillips – Damien Rose – Alexandrina Scarborough – Paulo Seara – Lesley Skeates – Henri Van der Elst – Paco Vazquez – Rosemary Walker
In addition, contributions from
National Galleries of Scotland – Friends of Granton Castle Walled Garden – The Edinburgh Sketcher
Invitation to Artists and Makers
granton:hub would like to invite Artists and Makers to submit work for the Art in Granton exhibition which will take place over the weekend of 25, 26 and 27 October 2019.
The 2019 Art in Granton exhibition is an open call to all Artists and Makers: painters, printmakers, photographers, textile artists, ceramicists, jewellers, composers, new media artists, etc.
Works must relate to the Granton area and we particularly welcome artworks that take inspiration from the Granton Curious Edinburgh heritage walking tour which is free. Visit their website and download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
granton:hub offers free submission and exhibition, with 20% charged on each sale made. Up to 3 works may be submitted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is Monday 30 September 2019
• Monday 30 September 2019: Submission deadline 6pm
• Tuesday 8 October: selection of artists and works confirmed by e-mail
• Monday 14 October: Exhibition Programme announced via the website
• Handing-in times for works selected: Friday 18 October (6-7pm); Saturday 19 October (10-12 noon), Sunday 20 October (2-4pm)
• Exhibition opening times: Friday 25 October (5-8pm); Saturday 26 October (11- 6pm); and Sunday 27 October (11-5pm)
• Picking-up times: Sunday 27 October (5-6pm); Monday 28 October (10-1pm); and Tuesday 29 October (6-8pm)
- All entries must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
- A maximum of THREE works may be submitted
- There are no restrictions on media used, nor the size of works submitted, but please consider that gallery space is limited and we may not have the wall space for larger works.
- For each work: please supply the title; the framed dimensions of the work (in cm); and the medium used (eg oil on canvas, mixed media on board, ceramic, glass, wool, etc.)
- If submitting music or digital video then please also give the running time (in minutes) and a short description of the piece.
- There is no charge for submitting work, nor for its exhibition, however a fee of 20% on the sale of a work or craft item will be levied on each work SOLD to help cover event costs.
- Works should be supplied suitable for display, mounted and framed where applicable
Before you submit, please download the guidelines and make sure you follow what is required.
If you have any questions, please contact 0770 485 6970 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org