granton:hub is a friendly arts and community hub in North Edinburgh where people can meet, participate, learn, create and enjoy a range of great activities. Our base is the beautiful and historic Madelvic House, a space that’s closely linked with Granton’s rich industrial heritage. We have a growing archive of materials and objects connected to the history of the local area; and are home to a community garden that’s open for all to visit and enjoy.
We are currently an entirely volunteer-run organisation and are looking for more enthusiastic people to help us make the hub a thriving local space for arts, heritage, creativity and environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled individual to help us with our communications, to keep our members updated with our activities and help us to reach out to more people.
We also need help responding to enquiries from local groups about room bookings and other general enquiries.
- Updating our social media accounts with informational and engaging content
- Liaising with granton:hub trustees and groups to gather information
- Taking the lead on collating our monthly newsletter to report on local heritage, art exhibitions, and any other activities taking place at Granton:hub
- Think creatively about how we can reach more people to be involved in our activities, working alongside our volunteer trustees.
- Be involved in facilitating activities at Granton:hub, by responding to enquiries about our room and events bookings.
Skills and Qualities
Essential qualities for this role are:
- Confident IT skills and access to a computer
- Knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Enthusiasm and interest in granton:hub activities
- Clear and confident written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
A local knowledge of the Granton area is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for someone who can commit at least two hours a week, for a minimum of six months. This volunteer role can be undertaken flexibly at a time that suits you.
Location of volunteering
Granton:hub is located in Granton Park Avenue. You will occasionally need to attend meetings and events at the hub, but most of your volunteering can be undertaken from your own home if you wish.
You will be supervised by a named trustee, who will give you a full induction and guidance. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside other trustees and volunteers.
What’s in it for me
- The opportunity to gain valuable experience, providing communications support to a valued and respected community hub
- Be part of a small, friendly volunteer team
- Provide vital support to a local charity and gain insight into how we work
- A flexible opportunity; space for you to be creative and develop new skills.
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com:
- Describe your skills and experience for the role
- Tell us about your interest in granton:hub’s work, and what you hope to gain from volunteering
- Tell us your current availability and contact details
You may also include a CV, if you wish.
Leave a Reply