granton:hub, the new creative and cultural centre at Madelvic House in Granton, Edinburgh wants imaginative Artist in Residence (AiR) proposals from artists, makers and performers who wish to contribute to our 2017 programme of activities, to benefit our local community and help progress the hub’s development.
granton:hub welcomes proposals which meet its objective of advancing arts, culture, heritage, education and environment.
Applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to community involvement. Your proposal, open to any creative discipline, should describe the project and methods of involving and interacting with the people of Granton.
granton:hub hopes to gain access to rent-free studio space, in addition to exhibition space, all located on the ground floor of historic Madelvic House. granton:hub will consider joint funding applications with selected AiRs to achieve its ambitious plans.
AiR proposals should contain the following information:
- CV or career summary of the artist/maker
- Website with examples of work
- Description of the proposed activity, to be carried out between March-December 2017
- An outline, including timeline, of how the local community will be involved
- Details of the budget required to carry out the AiR activity
Please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for AiR submission is 30 September 2016 with a view to commence in March 2017.
- granton:hub is currently liaising with owners EDI the terms and conditions for managing and developing the entire ground floor of Madelvic House
- There are two studio spaces, one measuring 15 sq m and the other 11 sq m
- The exhibition/performance room is 54 sq m
- The rent-free studio spaces may be offered on a shared basis
- We welcome all forms of art and artistic community engagement, including music, digital, performance, film, dance.
- Artists/makers will need to have public liability insurance for all granton:hub activities