Saturday 30 January 2016
- 2pm-3.30pm – Kids Film Activities 5-11 years of age: Free
- 4pm-6.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh Filmmaking Taster Workshop – 12-19 years of age: Free
- 2pm-3.30pm – Screen Education Edinburgh shows Write Shoot Cut, a screening of local filmmaker’s work with Q and A : Free
- 4pm-6pm – Take One Action presents Just Eat It: A food waste film: Free
We all love food. As a society, we devour countless cooking shows, culinary magazines and foodie blogs. So how could we possibly be throwing nearly 50% of it in the trash? Filmmakers and food lovers Jen and Grant dive into the issue of waste from farm, through retail, all the way to the back of their own fridge. After catching a glimpse of the billions of dollars of good food that is tossed each year in North America, they pledge to quit grocery shopping and survive only on discarded food. What they find is truly shocking.
- 7pm-9pm – Wes Anderson’s Grand Budapest Hotel
GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune — all against the back-drop of a suddenly and dramatically changing Continent . Note there is a £2 entry including popcorn and drink (payable on arrival).
For all events there is booking required; please follow the link to get your ticket
Leave a Reply